She Didn’t Deserve to Die

10 Apr

From the Heart

Louise Gibson

Louise Gibson

Charlene had a sweet disposition.

She was the first to greet me when I opened the door.

One of five of my outdoor cats,

I have to confess, I adore.

They were born during ” Hurricane Charley”

“Charley’s Angels” to me.

Bonded in love from the start,

They were a very close family.

When I looked out of my kitchen window last Friday,

my heart was disturbed to no end.

Charlene was crying out in pain,

seeking help from a friend.

I went out to comfort her,

unaware of the nature of it all.

My son helped take her to the Animal Clinic

where I leraned, to my appall,

She had been poisoned,

By who, or what is a mystery-

but my heart has been saddened

by such a catastrophe..

She is buried in my back yard,

under the shade of a tree-

always to be remembered

for the joy she gave to me.

P.S.  It would be hard to forget that she died on Good Friday.

11 Responses to “She Didn’t Deserve to Die”

1. timelessitaly April 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

Very sad….i’m so sorry. She sounded like a real sweetheart.

• Louise Gibson April 10, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

Thank you, My little animal friends warm my heart. and give me much pleasure. Do you have pets? If so, I would love to hear about them.

• timelessitaly April 10, 2015 at 7:42 pm #

I do…my little Ponya is a grey tabby with striking black markings on her. We call her the silver streak because she moves very fast. I also have Eva, a yellow labrador dog with a tender heart and a loyal spirit. I love my little family:) Thank you for asking.

2. Old Things R New April 10, 2015 at 1:48 pm #

I am so upset this is happening. I know your heart is broken.

3. skd April 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm #

My heart felt condolences. She has so much been a part of your blog. We will all miss her.

• Louise Gibson April 10, 2015 at 1:33 pm #

Thank you so much for your kindness,. My cats have been such warm and loving animals,,,my little companions. Anotherr little animal friend died yesterday. It had been poisoned, which is a painful death. I can’t imagine why anyone wiuld deliberately be so cruell to a poor defenseless animal..

Liked by 2 people

• skd April 10, 2015 at 2:09 pm #

It is really so sad. I know it is very painful.My daughter has a pet persian and she is so protective of her cat. A very heart touching tribute from your side.

4. Art Mowle April 10, 2015 at 12:46 pm #

I am so sorry for your loss. It continues to baffle me why people do such things. I know she gave you great memories and lots of love. God Bless you and Charlie. ❤

5. itsrebekahlyn April 10, 2015 at 9:05 am #

What a touching tribute. ❤️

• Louise Gibson April 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm #

Thank you, Becky.. I have to confess I am very concerned now about the safety of my animal friends. Something, or someone, is poisong my animals. My other black and white died yesterday from poisoning. The vet called me last evening to report her findings. My son and I buried Pepper next to Charlene this moning.