Walking by Faith, not by Sight
Janet Perez Eckles
What would happen if that 10% of our time could be spent in looking for something worthwhile, something that will positively impact our lives, make it better, happier, and richer?
That something is wisdom. For it’s the lack of wisdom that lead us to make bad decisions which result in the mess of life, in the disappointment that brings on sadness, and in the regret that makes our heart ache.
Good news because God said, “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding…”
And put on your celebration hat because if, in that 10% of our looking time, we find God’s wisdom, these ten rewards found in Prov. 3:13-18 are ours:
- For she [wisdom] is more profitable than silver.
- And yields better returns than gold.
- She is more precious than rubies.
- Nothing you desire can compare with her.
- Long life is in her right hand.
- In her left hand are riches and honor.
- Her ways are pleasant ways.
- And all her paths are peace.
- She is a tree of life to those who embrace her.
- Those that lay hold of her will be blessed.
I’m waving my hand in the air. I want all that! Don’t you? But in our hectic lives with traffic jams, to-do lists that keep getting longer, and pressures that squeeze us dry, how do we find that wisdom? God’s answer: “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt…” (James 1:5-6)
How will you embrace God’s wisdom to make your days brighter and better?
Janet’s joyful spirit lifts my heart. If you would like to learn more about Janet and her ministry, visit her home page.