Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
Janet Perez Eckles
VIDEO OF THE WEEK SNEAK PEEK https://youtu.be/d-fBJigMXAE
Hubby and I took off for our routine evening walk. And as we rounded the walking trail, he repeatedly had to duck to avoid smashing his head against the branches that hung low. He endured this annoyance for a while.
Then he decided to take action.
So the next day, before we headed out, he grabbed the trimming clippers from the garage. Armed with this weapon that he carried rifle style, we set off for our walk. As we drew closer, he gave a gasp of surprise. The maintenance folks had taken care of the trimming.
I couldn’t suppress my chuckle as he carried the clippers back home.
We all do that, don’t we? When the branches of life annoy us, we get fed up. Sometimes we become anxious because the problem persists. Then anger flares up, wondering if God is watching. And frustrated, we ask ourselves if He’s planning to do anything about it.
But through David’s words In Psalm 139:4, God has five ways to remind us that although we don’t see how, God is in full control. His clippers are sharper and better, capable to trim our restlessness and cut off our worry.
- He’s aware of our every move. “You know when I sit and when I rise…”
- He reads our mind. “You perceive my thoughts from afar.”
- He follows us wherever we go. “You discern my going out and my lying down…”
- God knows our habits, quirks and flaws. “You are familiar with all my ways.”
- God is ahead of the game. “Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.”
If God is working on taking care of the glitches ahead, why do we carry the clippers of worry?
Janet was recently interviewed on Never Ever Give Up Hope. Drop by and listen, it’s a great chance to get to know how amazing she is-Onisha
Source: Five reasons why not to worry about tomorrow. | Janet Perez Eckles