Looking Up

11 Sep

From the Heart

Louise Gibson

Louise Gibson

Life presents many challenges from birth to the grave,
But lift your thoughts to God above
He promises to save.

God fashioned us in our mother’s womb,
so I am certain He had a plan.
We were designed in His own image
to serve our fellow man.

When I was a child, I thought as a child-
striving always to please.
It took a lot of challenges
to set my heart at ease.

My heartfelt wish, as I was growing up
was to be a caring soul.
I desired all humanity
to make loving others their goal.

I know it is unrealistic
to expect Heaven here on earth-
But wouldn’t it be wonderful
if every soul felt its worth?

Reach out and “touch someone”-
A word of encouragement, or a smile will do.
Your kindness will be rewarded-
It will all come back to you.

7 Responses to “Looking Up”

1. Old Things R New September 11, 2015 at 7:54 pm #

A wonderfu poem especially, as we remember those who lost their lives on this day. If only every soul could realize their unique worth.

2. DiVoran Lites September 11, 2015 at 2:54 pm #

Lovely poem, Louise. Yes, I think it would go a long way toward solving the problems of the world.

• Louise Gibson September 11, 2015 at 7:09 pm #

THANK YOU,DIVORAN.. MY ATTITUDE IN LIFE HAS ALWAYS STRIVED TOWARD OPTEMISM. I REFUSE TO LET WORLD EVENTS AFFECT MY HOPE IN A BETTER TOMORROW. MY FAITH STANDS ON THE PROMISES OF GOD, OUR sAVIOR.

3. inmycorner September 11, 2015 at 7:47 am #

“If every soul felt its worth” Oh – yes. How wonderful that would be. What else, really, would we need? Would that help the poor people who suffer in Syria – that the government would come to its senses? Would that quell the bitter lies and tales told by our own government officials as they jockey for position as prime minister? Would that sooth the soul of those who suffer mental illness? I love this post and it has indeed set the tone for my day. Thank-you.

• Louise Gibson September 11, 2015 at 8:31 am #

Thank you for your heartfelt reply to my thoughts. I appreciate your candidness. God bless!

• inmycorner September 11, 2015 at 8:40 am #

Thank-you for yours. It is a pleasure to read what you write and am often inspired.

• Louise Gibson September 11, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT TO CONTINUE WRITING.