Evaluation

18 Sep

From the Heart

Louise Gibson

Louise Gibson

At the end of my days, how will God evaluate
the time spent with my fellow man?
Will I have satisfied the commission
of our Lord’s ultimate plan?

Will I have loved my neighbor
as well as myself?
Will my “Must do” list be completed,
or still found on the shelf?

Did I abandon the longings,
the dreams, the vision?
Did I give in to circumstance,
the need for decision?

The still small voice of the Spirit
breaks through.
“My child, stop fretting.
I’m not through with you.”

6 Responses to “Evaluation”

1. timelessitaly September 19, 2015 at 10:08 am #

I read this as an encouragement to not forget what’s important…spend time with people and love them, attend to my must do list, focus on my dreams and visions and don’t let circumstances take them away. And ultimately, the Lord accepts us whether we succeed or not. Thank you for this wonderful and comforting reminder.

• Louise Gibson September 19, 2015 at 5:11 pm #

What a heartfelt response! Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply. I love hearing from you.

2. Old Things R New September 18, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

There is so much written these days that is guilt inducing. Thank you for the encouraging reminder that my life is in His hands and His timing.

• Louise Gibson September 18, 2015 at 5:34 pm #

You know, Alta, most oi the time I attribute my thoughts to my own experiences, especially as I strongly feel that others share in similar circumstances. Ha! You might say I am giving a “pep talk” to myself, as well as to others.

3. DiVoran Lites September 18, 2015 at 11:21 am #

You’re really hearing from our Lord in a wonderful way. Yea Louise!

• Louise Gibson September 18, 2015 at 12:30 pm #

DiVoran, you are so CUTE! I do believe the Lord speaks to all of His children…one way or another. I have seen Him in you and Bill. God bless!