Asparagus and the Cat

21 Apr

My Take

DiVoran Lites

Author, Poet and ArtistI just got home from the grocery store. Even though Bill’s not here, I just had to buy some asparagus. Have you seen the email that says asparagus cures cancer? The smell you get jn the bathroom after eating it is actually its detoxification properties. Bill knows a man who was at death’s door and had all kinds of chemotherapies who was healed by it. I haven’t believed it before, but now for some unfathomable reason I do. I got the email again this week and printed it out for a friend.

Miracle foods abound. Some, like coconut oil, we may not have thought about. But now it too, is the talk of the town. Our internist who was a locally famous doctor told us to start using coconut oil, but I didn’t know how to use it. I bought a book by a woman who used it to slow her husband’s Alzheimer’s. She was a doc and she documented the whole thing. She could tell by his memory when she had given it to him and when she hadn’t. But she fed him large amounts I didn’t think I could handle. Lately I’ve been scrambling an egg in about a teaspoon of it every morning, which is, I understand, is not nearly enough coconut oil.

So anyhow, on his trip, Bill likes to go to Marie Callender’s for breakfast. He’s been telling me over the phone about their Eggs Benedict and how much he loves to order the dish for breakfast. They have soft buns that don’t get soggy, tomatoes, avocados, eggs, and of course hollandaise sauce. I’ve heard about hollandaise sauce for years, but I’ve never known what was in it.

Well, here are some synchronicities. Today I got an email about over a hundred things coconut oil can do for you and what you can do with it. It’s good for skin and for healing on the inside. The site has delicious sounding recipes, like chocolate coconut clusters that are actually good for you. So here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to make for my cat, Jasmine, some soup. I’ll call it allergy soup because she suffers from terrible skin problems. The soup will have asparagus, coconut oil, and beef broth. I’ll use canned asparagus for her, which is perfectly acceptable. I’ll put in her arnica Montana (that’s a homeopathic for pain) and her skin irritation homeopathic, and her animal probiotic. I think she’ll love it and it will have a healing effect on her. For me, it’s hollandaise on asparagus and dark cocoa coconut clusters. You can find those and a whole lot of other good things on www.wellnessmama.com. I get my homeopathics from www.1800homeopathic. That’s good stuff!

Thrive

“Dear Friend-I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.” 3 John 1-2 (New Living Translation)

9 Responses to “Asparagus and the Cat”

1. Louise Gib son April 22, 2014 at 9:17 am #

Yes, DiVoran, I do appreciate comments. It helps to know what appeals to readers of the blog.

2. itsrebekahlyn April 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

I’m always amazed at how the miracle foods seem to change every year. I like asparagus, but I don’t know if I could eat as much as is recommended.

• divoran09 April 22, 2014 at 9:04 am #

I feel the same way, so since I don’t have cancer I just eat fresh once a week and sometimes canned in between. Maybe it has a preventative effect as well. Thanks for commenting, your comments are so encouraging.

3. Louise Gib son April 21, 2014 at 6:26 pm #

DiVoran, how very interesting and informatve. I have been buying pure coconut water at Publix lately bcause of it’s nutritive value…will have to delve deeper into the subject.

• Louise Gib son April 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

I forgot to add that I have been making asparagus soup with chicken broth,..alsdo very good and satisfying.

• divoran09 April 22, 2014 at 9:06 am #

Asparagus soup is really good with chicken broth. It’s Bill’s favorite.

• divoran09 April 22, 2014 at 9:04 am #

Louise, thanks for your comment. I like comments, don’t you?

4. Old Things R New April 21, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

Asparagus has been wildly popular of late. I think they are delicious!

• divoran09 April 22, 2014 at 9:08 am #

It’s nice to be able to get it fresh, it seems as if we can do that year round now. Once my cousin took me down to the river in Canon City Colorado and we harvested asparagus spears that were sticking up here and there all along the bank. She let me keep them all and prepare them for my grandmother. My best asparagus memory, just for you.