Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
Janet Perez Eckles
I blew kisses and waved good-bye at my two grandkids. They waved back from the back seat. “Remember,” I called out, “no more, no less.”
In her high-pitched voice, my eight-year-old granddaughter called back, “No more, no less, Nana.”
That’s our secret code. It began one night as I wrapped a fluffy towel around her after her bath. I cupped her soft face in my hands and looked into her blue eyes… “Always remember, princess, that there is nothing you can do to make me love you more. And there’s nothing you could ever do to make me love you less.”
Ever since then, that was our code each time we part: “no more, no less.”
I learned that from Romans 8:39; “Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
He (God) loves us no matter what:
- When we fall. When we make errors, mistakes and ruin what we thought would be a good thing.
- When we fail in our attempt to do something good, worthwhile or important.
- When we frown at the sadness of life. And when that sadness turns to tears of sorrow, anger or confusion.
- When we forget. When we forget the power of His love, the length of His compassion and the sincerity of His promises.
- When we feign. When we try to fool others by putting a smile on the outside yet, inside we are falling apart.
He still loves us. He still calls us. And He still looks for us to receive that immense love.