Trapped in Florida

29 Sep

Onisha  Ellis

Our time in Florida has certainly not been boring. Unfortunately the action has been of the golden years type. ( You know, when all of your gold goes to pay doctors, tests and medicine) We expected to spend two weeks in Florida  checking in with our doctors and then flee the Florida heat. My husband’s first visit seemed innocuous, a routine eye exam. Then the doctor “saw” something which led to two tests being scheduled. Next came a trip to the orthopedic doctor for him to get a simple steroid shot. Yep, not simple. He needed an MRI. We followed this up with a visit to the primary care doctor for him to go over the results of the first two test results. Guess what? Another  test is needed AND a specialist is the only one who can  order it which  requires setting up a new patient appointment. Have you ever tried to get a new patient appointment with a specialist? They are booked for weeks and some, months in  advance. Our two-week visit is turning into three weeks and we are putting our foot down. Either the doctor schedules the next test ASAP or we are going back to North Carolina and enjoy fall.

i scrolled though some of my fall photos and here are a few.

In addition to all these doctor visits, the hot temperatures have triggered some ferocious lightning storms and it appears like another may be exploding soon.

storm-clouds-palm-trees-copy

On the positive side, it has been fun catching up with old friends, sneaking a pumpkin donut at Dunkin Donuts with my daughter and not to be overlooked, a much appreciated hair cut with my favorite hair stylist. I would tell you her name, but she is hard enough to get an appointment with as it is

I just thought of another plus for being in Florida in the fall. High-Speed-Internet. I am sure I have moaned about our internet speed in the mountains before. I am truly grateful to have internet up there but having fast internet is bliss when I am attempting to create graphics for Rebekah’s books. I made one today. If you take a look at the book titles, you won’t find one with a fall title. We go straight from summer to winter.

seasonsof-faith-fall-leaf-large

And now it appears we have a hurricane named Matthew that may or may not turn towards Florida. The positive side is I do enjoy a rainy day.

16 Responses to “Trapped in Florida”

1. Lydia October 10, 2016 at 1:33 pm #

I hope your husband’s medical problems get sorted out soon.

High speed Internet is a wonderful thing to enjoy in the meantime, though!

2. Leslie / Radiant Nursing October 3, 2016 at 9:44 pm #

Ha! I had to laugh about our “gold” goes to pay for doctors, tests and medicine. Well put.
    It’s always that way, isn’t it? Plusses and minuses for each location… and blistering fast internet is such a stress-reduction when it’s flying along (especially with photos, like you said).
    Although, I’m with you. I also like fall weather and colors, something not really seen in Florida. Be safe!

3. tarafairfield October 3, 2016 at 8:22 pm #

Stay safe Onisha! The photos are beautiful.

4. elysesalpeter October 3, 2016 at 6:39 pm #

Life is never easy my friend. Hope everyone is okay and hope you weather the upcoming storm well.

5. DiVoran Lites September 30, 2016 at 4:33 pm #

You write very well under adversity, my friend.

• Onisha Ellis September 30, 2016 at 9:21 pm #

Thank you, DiVoran. I am finding the positives to focus on.

6. Sue Slaght September 30, 2016 at 2:18 pm #

Hoping all turned out well with the tests! Some gorgeous photos you have shared.

• Onisha Ellis September 30, 2016 at 2:24 pm #

Thank you, Sue. Only one test left. The mountains in western North Carolina outdid themselves last fall. If hurricane Matthew turns towards Florida, I am out here!

7. paddycummins September 30, 2016 at 6:05 am #

Oh, life’s travails, Onisha. Offer it up. Your Pics are stunning.

8. Pam in Florida September 29, 2016 at 8:25 pm #

ahhhhh…..loved it! but most loved the fall pictures! hoping you get out of Dodge soon! love you! me

9. victoriabenchley September 29, 2016 at 7:23 pm #

Love your fall photos (I also love a good t-storm)! I hope all goes well with the medical tests.

• Onisha Ellis September 29, 2016 at 10:08 pm #

Thank you, Victoria!

• Louise Gibson October 1, 2016 at 7:35 pm #

Please forgive my tardiness in replying to your message concerning Milk’s medical problems. God bless you both…that is so trying on nerves and patience.